Updates & Release Notes
Released May 18th 2020
1. Custom SMTP Settings in the Email Integration. You can now enter SMTP information for common email providers such as Comcast, Microsoft Outlook, Yahoo! and more.
2. Gmail / GSuite Emails for Business. We have added a new "Gmail" integration that will allow you to send emails using your Gmail account. Simply enable the "Gmail" integration and use the "Send an email using Gmail" action.
Released March 31st 2020
1. Shopify API Request action type that allows you to make any type of request to the Shopify REST API. With this request type you can create products, delete variants, fetch orders and customers, and more.
2. Handle responses in the HTTP Request and Shopify API Request actions types. You can now handle responses, allowing you to create conditions based on a JSON response, and use response data in your actions. The Shopify API Request action type allows you to run fetched data through existing workflow types, such as fetching customers and running them through a customer workflow.
3. New workflow type called "Custom" with two trigger events: Custom HTTP Request, or On a Schedule or On-Demand. By using the "Schedule" trigger event you can setup this arbitrary workflow to run actions on a schedule, or run using an on-demand batch. Common actions for this type of workflow might be sending and email or making a Shopify API request. If you select the "Custom HTTP Request" trigger, that opens you up to learning more about...
4. The Workflows API, allowing you to run "Custom" workflows using POST, PUT, and DELETE requests. You can pass JSON data into the workflow, create conditions based on the request data, and use the data in actions with tokens. Endless possibilities exist!
Released March 4th 2020
1. New workflow creation process. The old method was a long, searchable pick-list of trigger events. The new method provides a couple steps to select the object type and then check off multiple trigger events. The new setup process makes it easier to see what object types are supported and allows you to select multiple trigger types.
2. Workflows now support multiple triggers.
3. Added tabs to the Workflow Edit page for "Stats" and "Test Center". This should make it easier and more consistent to navigate between the various pages for a workflow.
4. Inline Test Results! An amazing new feature to view your tokens in realtime as you edit them, and catch Twig syntax errors instantly.
How does it work? Simply go to the Test Center in your workflow and select an object. Then, when you go back to edit your workflow actions you can see your token results in realtime.
Twig errors shown in realtime after you have selected an object in the Test Center:
5. Enhanced Token Browser with faster loading, faster search, and nested data to easily see the path to your data points. Easily click through the nested data and search to find what you're looking for. Search counts are shown at each level so you know exactly what data is available to you.
6. A new Code Reference page to learn more about Twig templating and view common filters and functions. Quickly search for topics or find them using the pinned quick nav.
7. New app announcement below.
New Shopify App Coming Soon: InstaSheets
We've been hard at work building a new app that is highly focused on sending realtime data to Google Sheets. Powered by the Arigato Automation platform, you'll recognize familiar features, such as 2500+ data tokens, many types of objects and triggers, and the Test Center.
An all new sheet editing experience makes exporting data to your Google Sheets effortless. Simply start from one of the prebuilt templates to instantly start sending orders, products, customers, and more to your Google Sheets or define your own sheet and cell values with just a few clicks.
Bulk export data to get your sheet started and use the Realtime Sync feature to always keep your data in sync. InstaSheets can handle keeping all of your data up-to-date in Google Sheets, including nested data, such as Product→Variants, Order→Line Items, Customer→Addresses, and more.